Fashion Week Fit!
Get in Top Shape NOW for Fashion Week!
Ok Ladies it's now just weeks until Fashion Week.
Designers have begun castings, so let's get you into your best shape now!
If you don't know who I am, I am a fitness coach for athletes and I am a specialist in getting models into top shape.
With just weeks to go, the timing is perfect for us to get serious about your fitness and eating, so you look fabulous in those designer clothes.
Modeling is a competitive industry. In a sense you are just like athletes-you need to work hard, but most importantly you need to be smart about your fitness and diet plan.
Follow my strategies and get the edge you need.
This is one of the more important events in the industry for your career and visibility. I am available to answer questions and explore personalized programs.
- Start now: You can do a lot in four weeks to change your body from a fitness standpoint. The flip side is leaving it till the end which will only create stress and may put you in an unrealistic situation.
- Work from the end backwards: Decide how you want to look and feel for fashion week and build a vivid picture in your mind of what you will look and feel like when you have achieved your goal. This technique called "imagery" is used by Olympic and Professional athletes to help them streamline their energy and focus and maintain their motivation when times get tough. As you work through the next 4 weeks you will use this picture to keep you going - the stronger and more vibrant your picture is, the more motivated you will be to stay on track.
When I design personalized programs for models, I have them cut out pictures of girls who's physiques, success and look are motivating to them so they always have a clear picture of what they are aiming for. Along with motivation-these pictures also provide evidence of what can be achieved.
- Commit to your exercise routine: With school starting and the normal busyness of fall, it can be hard to fit everything in. However fall is also a natural time of returning to routine. Use this natural rhythm to plan your workouts into your schedule and stick to them.
Put them in your daytimer so they are an appointment that you can't miss.
- Do Cardio 3X per week minimum-first thing in the morning: You will burn up to 300 more calories if you do your cardio in the morning versus later in the day. Think about this, 900 more calories per week X 4 weeks equals 3600 calories. Which amounts to 1 lb of fat!
That is how much fat you will burn simply by switching your cardio to first thing in the morning. To me that's worth it. Get up and do it!
- Commit to a full body Toning program 2-3X per week: You can do an effective toning program in approx 20-25 minutes if it is a good program and you use your time efficiently.
- Increase your water intake: You must drink a minimum of 1 liter a day. This one should be a no-brainer but I'm still surprised how often I see models not drinking enough. This is imperative for your body to release extra weight and for you to stay alert (dehydration is the number one cause of fatigue).
- Reduce Alcohol: Yep you're back at school. It is tempting to join everyone at the bar, but drinking alcohol changes how our body burns calories and it reduces inhibitions with food. How many times have you overindulged in a plate of nachos late at night after a few too many? Something you would be less likely to do if not intoxicated.
- If you must drink, have an ounce of hard alcohol with water or ice: It tastes horrible so you'll nurse it. Or have 1 glass of wine.
- Only share your physique goals with trusted people: Some experts are of the opinion that you should tell everyone about your diet and fitness goals. Based on 12 years of coaching, I disagree with this view. There can be a lot of social pressure to "be a rebel" and "oh come on just have one bite of cake...." People love to derail good intentions. I feel it's best to decide for yourself what you need to do, and just do it. Quiet, focused integrity is not only appealing and alluring, it will also reap you results. As your buddies order a round of cosmos or nachos, don't mention "oh I just can't..." just order your vodka with ice or Pellegrino, be a part of the group and have fun, but stay true to what's important to you.
- Eat the same breakfast and lunch everyday: Many successful dieters eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch pretty much everyday! Find a meal that works for you; one that fills you up and that you enjoy and then stick to it for a few weeks. This takes the guess work out of figuring out what to eat everyday and it keeps you on track as to how many calories you are really ingesting. As much as variety is good, too much variety makes it easy to overindulge. You can incorporate small variety (eg. changing up the fruit on your oatmeal or different protein with your salad).
- Eat dinner when you can, even if it's late: It is important to have 3 meals a day and 2 snacks and ideally your last food happens 2 hours before bedtime. However if that's not feasible on occasion, the next best approach is to eat your dinner when you are able. Sometimes when we are busy we don't make time (or plan for) 3 meals a day. It is important to eat three proper meals because it will keep you satisfied physically and mentally. If you just graze you will feel like you haven't really eaten, you will keep snacking and usually end up eating more calories overall than if you'd just had your chicken with salad and fruit with a piece of chocolate for dessert.
- Stick with it! So often we sabotage ourselves because we give up before real results have had a chance to materialize. Be smart, believe in yourself and your potential and be honest about the effort you are putting into your goals.
Contact Jadine at 416.312.1237 or firstname.lastname@example.org